Tattoo Designs – Zodiac, Celtic and Tribal Tattoos
Learn why getting the right kind of tattoo design is so important. Learn the difference between zodiac tattoos, celtic tattoos and tribal tattoos and what they all mean. How to choose the right kind of tattoo sketches that fit your personality.
Finding the right kind of tattoo design is an important task. There are countless numbers of art designs to choose from and getting the one that fits you best can be a tough decision. So why is getting the right kind of tattoo design so important, here are reasons to think about:
1. Tattoos last a really long time. They are a peice of body art that literally sticks with you for years upon years.
2. You have to look at the same tattoo every day. This may not seem like a big deal, but whatever design you choose, you are stuck with it, like it or not. So getting something pleasing on your eye is still extremely important.
3. They can be really expensive. Tattoo artist charge a significant amount of money for the work they do. It's not that they are overcharging, they have a really specialized job. So before they do the work, make sure it is what you want.
4. They can be a deep expression of your inner self. So what exactly does that mean? Well, tattoos are something that should be sacred. They become part of your body and should be meaningful, if for nobody else, yourself. Tattoos should be the ultimate form of self expression. With that being said, they should mean something to you that is quite timeless and universal… the perfect tattoo.
Put that list of four together, then you have a pretty big decision on your hands. This is something you shouldn't rush and you should exhaust all options and resources before deciding on one. So what are some tattoo ideas you could consider? This article is going to cover three different tattoo designs: Zodiac tattoo designs, celtic tattoo designs and tribal tattoo designs and some meaning and/or history behind each.
1. Zodiac Tattoos – Also known as astrological tattoo designs, the zodiac style is based off of your own star sign. Dependent on what date you were born, there are twelve options as there are twelve zodiac signs or symbols. Each zodiac symbol represents certain characteristics of a person born within that time as well. In this case you would read up on the various characteristics of your specific zodiac sign and see how well it matches your personality. Many find that they can connect very closely to their personality. The website listed at the bottom of this article explains each zodiac sign as well as other tattoo meanings. Whether you want a pisces tattoo, a gemini tattoo, libra, cancer or leo tattoo, make sure it fits who you are.
2. Celtic tattoos – The celtic tattoo design, which is often made of interlinking knots come from a culture known as the Celts. The Celts were a generalized group of people from Indo-Europe and surrounding areas in the pre-christian era. Celtic art is very intricute and often beautiful art. The architechural and design art commonly associated with the Irish, Scottic and Norwegian regions. The art is very “old world” and is very popular in modern jewelry. Celtic tattoos often come in the form of the celtic cross, celtic hearts and among many other celtic tattoo designs. Much of this type of art symbolizes old culture thinking and getting back to the root of things.
3. Tribal Tattoos – Tribal tattoo designs are a general term for tattoos that resemble tribal-like markings of early cultures. The most commonly seen type of tribal tatto design consists of thick sharp edges that move around the part of the body like really thick rose thorns. Tribal tattoo art is often thick, sharp and twisty. Even Celtic art could be considered tribal. Some meanings that can be associated with tribal tattoo designs is of the need to get back to the primal uncivilized part of man. Early tribes used tribal tattoos for a variety of reasons from Egyptian priestesses to native American sages to do such things as magical protection or to show victory in times of war. In actuality tribal tattoos can mean anything to the wearer of them. In fact, you could create your own tribal tattoo with its own meaning if you want to get really creative.
Deciding on the right tattoo design or tattoo sketches can be a real challenge, but educating yourself to their meanings and seeing a variety of different kinds can help make the decision that much easier. Take your time, exhaust all your options and resources, discover the various meanings, meditate on who you really are, and make your move a smart one. Whether its zodiac, tribal or celtic tattoos or something completely different, there are many options out there to choose from.
tattoo sketches – click on the image below for more information.
- This sketch pad lets you design the trendiest new tattoos!
- It comes with 40 tattoo artist design sketch pages, 7 plastic stencil sheets (100+ stencils) and easy “how to” instructions!
- Design Henna tattoos and more!
- Swap designs with your friends!
- Wonderful collection of craft activities for hours of fun and creativity.
The Fashion Angels Tattoo Artist Sketch Portfolio includes 40 drawing pages with fashion angels models, 7 plastic stencils cards, more than 100 accessory shapes for making great designs and instructions. Sketch portfolio is spiral bound with a sturdy cover. Measures 10.5″x10.5″x.5″D.
Tattoo Artist Sketch Portfolio
Click on the button for more tattoo sketches information and reviews.
tattoo sketchesQuestion by karebear: Should I tip a tattoo artist who draws out sketches for me?
I basically plan on using a tattoo artist to draw out my idea. I probably will not have him/her do the actual work, but I need a good hand to sketch. How much do you tip someone for that?
Answer by B Scott
It depends on the detail of the sketch but generally if it were a tatoo the artist would normally charge 50 dollars for, you should probably tip about 10. If it is a 300 dollar tat, you should tip about 25.
Give your answer to this question below!